Economics and Communication
- Financial Statement Analysis and Valuation
- Munich Summer Curriculum (MSC): Electronic Media
- Management Practices and Corporate Communications in a Global Environment
- Machine Learning and Data Analytics in Finance and Accounting
- Munich University Summer Training in German and European Law (MUST)
- Munich Advanced Course in International Law (MACIL)
Natural Sciences (practical research programs)
- Amgen Scholars Program: From Molecules to Behavior
- MCQST Summer Student Program on Quantum Science and Technology (QST)
Social and Political Sciences
- Winter School: European Studies (Munich-Berlin-Brussels)
- Summer School: European Studies Intensive (Vienna-Prague-Munich)
- Summer School: European Studies + German Language Class (Vienna-Prague-Munich)
- Summer School: European Studies Intensive in cooperation with LMU und Cambridge University
- Summer School: Middle East Studies (Munich-Berlin)
- European Studies Partner Programs (Programs for selected Partner Universities
- National University of Singapore (NSU)
- Nanjing University
- Fudan University
- Renmin University
- Peking University
- Shanghai Jiaotong University
- Tongji University
- Tsinghua University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Zhejiang University
- and others
Welcome to MISU at LMU
MISU Summer Academies are exclusive courses or short-term research programs that cover the whole gamut of the natural sciences, social sciences, economics, and the humanities. MISU offers programs for all levels of study – for international bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral students, and for young professionals as well. The array of Summer Academies and Partner Programs has been continually expanded over the last years.
- All summer academies are conducted in English by distinguished faculty who are committed to excellence in research and teaching – a fantastic opportunity for you to grow as a future academic or professional, and as an individual.
- The courses last between two and ten weeks, with intensive teaching in small groups to optimize your engagement with the subject. Learning in class is usually combined with a range of independent study activities such as reading, preparing for classes, and completing assignments which deepen your knowledge of the subject and foster your ability to work in a self-motivated way.
- The Summer Academies are complemented by a cultural program designed to be enriching as well as great fun. A few of these courses may also include some German language instruction.
- Each Summer Academy is responsible for its own admissions. Please check the website of the course in which you wish to enroll for detailed information.
- Should you wish to transfer credit points to your home institution, please consult carefully with your adviser before choosing your Summer Academy.